Before your college visit:
- Research your school
- Call ahead to schedule your visit
While you're on campus:
- Talk to an admissions counselor or financial aid administrator
- Visit with students for insider viewpoints
- Sit in on a class and spend the night in a dorm
- Write down your general impressions
- Imagine yourself there for the next four years
Stuff you need to ask:
- What's the average class size?
- Is off-campus student housing an option?
- How safe is the campus?
- What extracurricular activities does the school offer?
- Can I have my car on campus? Is there enough parking?
- Will I have adequate computer access:
- What types of academic support services are available?
- Are freshman courses taught by professors or graduate students?